I was placed to be in Paris speaking at the conference on the Role of the Private Sector in the Economic Integration of Refugees co-hosted by the World Bank European Investment Bank and Dansk Industri – DI
The discussion was focused on the role of the private sector in economic integration and be employed, and supported as entrepreneurs. Practitioners then encouraged to draft a charter of good practices around
1) INTEGRATION: on entrepreneurship development programs; they should be supported alongside host community entrepreneurship ecosystems.
2) LEGALIZATION: promoting a simplified legal and regulatory environment that can help refugees navigate business formalities and optimize the administrative environment.
3) EDUCATION: entrepreneurship skills training for refugees and soft skills advancement programs of the host community to the extent possible.
4) CAPITALIZATION: Refugee-related entrepreneurship financing and encourage and support the financing needs of refugee entrepreneurs.
5) CONNECTION: build a stronger emphasis on networking, mentorship, and linkages with host-community business, as well as with diaspora support networks.